There are a couple of free DSTV channels that you can get on your decoder, if you know how to set them up. I’ve found one of them, the Hope Channel.
The Hope Channel aims to communicate hope, joy and a positive attitude to life. To be realistic and practical and to inform and educate.
What is the Hope Channel about?
- Programs for children, juniors and teenagers-safe for the whole family.
- Outdoor adventure, mission stories and uplifting music
- Learn how the Bible principles can lead you to a better life
- Discover how to improve your health, avoid disease, prepare good food and overcome harmful addictions
- Thought-stimulating programs on religious freedom, human rights and major disasters
How to setup this free DSTV channel
Make sure your DSTV has the latest software installed. To check this, press the menu button, and if the first line reads “Information Central”, you should have the latest software installed. If not, press Menu, go to Advanced Options and press OK. Then go to DSD Upgrade and press OK. It could take around 8 minutes to upgrade.
Here are the steps to get it setup.
- Press the Menu Button
- Go to Advanced options, press OK.
- Go down to Dish Installation, press OK.
- Key in the password – 9949, press OK.
- Use right arrow to select “Other” menu, press OK.
- Check that Satellite Name is PAS 7/10.
- Move to FREQUENCY on line 6 and press OK. Enter 12722, press OK again.
- Check that the Symbol Rate is 26652
- Move down to FEC and use right arrow to change to 1/2, press OK.
- Check that the Polarisation is “Vertical”
- Move down to “Use NIT” and change it to NO, press OK.
- Move down to Accept displayed values, and press OK.
- Dish Installation menu should display.
- Move down to “Scan all networks”, and wait until it has completed.
- Press the “TV” button, and move down to “Public PAS 7/10″ and press OK.
- Press P+ or P- until you find “Hope”
For more information go to www.hopeafrica.tv