What is an invisibleSHIELD?
ZAGG’s invisibleSHIELD™ is created from an ultra-tough, patented film that is exclusive to ZAGG for covering consumer electronics. Transparent and amazingly thin, the invisibleSHIELD is designed to precisely match the contours of every device, providing unbeatable scratch protection. ZAGG’s invisibleSHIELD is the world’s first and best solution of its kind, and the patent-pending application process will keep gadgets looking great.
At first I was pretty intimidated by the instructions as well as by the 2 pieces of film that I had to wrap around my iPhone. However, after watching their videos on how to apply the shield, I realised it’s a lot easier to install that I initially thought. It took roughly 10 minutes to get the film onto my iPhone.
- Apart from the obvious protection against scratches, my iPhone is now a lot easier to grip. I can almost be a little more carefree with the phone in my hand.
- It hasn’t affected the touch screen at all.
- There are no bubbles, lines or prints on front – so it really is invisible.
- Applying the invisibleSHIELD to a white iPhone, you notice some dust and dirt that collects on the edges of the shield on the back of the phone
- Its not going to protect your phone if you drop it.
At $25 (R180) its definitely something I would consider to protect your iPhone against scratches as well as giving you extra grip on your phone should you have a tendency to drop things.
Zagg not only have shields for iPhones, but for a whole host of products. Check out their shields for phones, cameras, GPS’s, laptops, iPods and others.