This means, no more Mpowerplayer, no more Java Runtime, no more hacking MXit to get it to work on your PC!
Download the Beta Version of MXitPC from http://www.mxit.com/mxitpc/.
As this is a Beta, there are a couple of bugs that might irrate you, but at least you have an official version of MXit for your PC!
Here is the list of bugs:
- Emoticards cannot be sent to MXit PC
- Skins are not supported
- If you don’t send any messages for about 3 hours, your contacts will appear online but will not respond. To fix this, logout then log back in.
- You will need to un-install the beta before you can install any updates
- Windows Vista is not supported. (Although I can confirm that I am running Vista and MXitPC works!)
- When the chat window is opened, the text input box needs to be clicked on before you can type.
- Emoticons are not displayed in service menus
Here is a list of things you can expect soon from MXitPC:
- Sending / receiving encrypted messages (encryption of login details is supported)
- Multiple language support
- Alert profiles
- Inline images
- Text markup
- Custom emoticons
- Voice recorder
- Sending SMSes
- Offline contacts cannot be hidden
- Messages that are saved in the gallery cannot be viewed
Below is a screenshot of what MXitPC looks like:
Also, visit the MXit Forums to post your thoughts, reviews and bugs about MXitPC. Enjoy!